* 1 8 oz. package of fresh pasta
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup onion, diced
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
* 2 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
* 1/4 cup basil, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* 1/4 cup parmesian cheese
Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium and cover skillet. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft. Don’t over cook or basil will loose flavor.
Toss sauce with pasta. Serve with parmesian cheese.
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup sake
* 1/4 cup green onion, diced
* 1/4 cup scallions, diced
* 1 pound salmon
Combine all ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove salmon from the bag, and cook in a saute pan over medium high heat for about 6 minutes a side.
* 1 pound sirloin steak
* 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
* 1 cup red wine
* 1 cup green onions, chopped
* 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
* 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 can beef broth
Combine mushrooms, wine and steak in a large zip-lock bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Remove the steak from bag, reserving marinade. In a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray over medium high heat, cook steak 4 minutes a side. Remove from pan.
Combine the onions, rosemary, vinegar, garlic and beef broth in the pan. Add remaining marinade. Bring to a boil a reduce to 2 cups, stirring frequently.
Cut the beef into thin slices and place on a serving platter. Spoon the mushroom mixture over the beef.
Cooking Light Magazine
* 4 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1/4″ x 4″ strips
* 6 pieces bacon
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 pounds mushrooms, sliced
* 2 bay leaves, crushed
* 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
* 1 teaspoon thyme
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 cup flour
* 2 14 ounce cans beef broth
* 1 cup burgandy wine
In a medium skillet over medium high heat, saute bacon pieces, then remove from pan. Add beef to pan and brown in bacon drippings. Add garlic, mushrooms, bay leaves, parley, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir well. Add bacon and remove from heat.
In a large skillet, melt butter then add flour. Stir together to make a roux and cook a few minutes until light tan. Add beef broth and burgandy wine. Place beef mixture in pan. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon Mexican Spice Blend
* 1 red onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup frozen corn, thawed (optional)
* 5 canned whole green chiles
* 4 canned chipotle chiles
* 1 (28 oz) can stewed tomatoes
* 2 cups cheddar and jack cheeses, shredded
* 16 corn or flour tortillas
* 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
* cilantro, chopped
* sour cream
Heat oil in a medium saute pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown for 7 minutes a side (until cooked). Sprinkle with cumin, garlic powder and Mexican Spices before turning. Remove chicken.
Saute onion and garlic in chicken drippings until tender. Add corn and chiles. Stire will. Add canned tomatoes and saute for 1 minute.
Shred chicken breasts and add to saute pan. Dust the mixture with flour.
Microwave the tortillas on high for 30 seconds. Coat the bottom of 2 13×9 inch pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce. In a shallow bowl, dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to lightly coat. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture in each tortilla. Fold over filling, place 8 enchiladas in each pan with seam side down. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 until cheese melts. Garnish with cilantro and sour cream.
* 4 tablespoons corn oil
* 4-7 corn tortillas, coarsely chopped
* 6 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
* 1 cup onion, pureed
* 2 cups tomatoes, pureed
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 2 bay leaves
* 4 tablespoons canned tomato puree
* 2 quarts chicken stock
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 chicken breast, boiled and cut into pieces
* 1 avacado, peeled, seeded and cubed
* 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
* 3 corn tortillas, cut into strips and fried with butter and salt until crisp
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute tortillas with garlic and cilantro over medium heat until tortillas are soft.
Add onion and fresh tomato puree and bring to a boil. Add cumin, chili powder, bay leaves, canned tomato puree and chicken stock. Bring to a boil again, then reduce heat to simmer. Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes.
Pour into warm soup bowls and garnish with chicken breast, avocado, shredded cheese and tortilla strips.