- 2 (14-ounce) cans fire-roasted tomatoes, drained if you like a thicker salsa
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 bunch (about 2 cups loosely-packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed (and seeded, if you want less heat)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional, I didn’t use)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth, or your desired consistency is reached. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.